Business continuity during the COVID-19 pandemic
on March 19, 2020
Biogazelle wants to express its heartfelt empathy with the communities impacted worldwide by the COVID-19 pandemic. As the world responds to this crisis, we remain committed to ensure continued support for your crucial work of creating new therapies and diagnostics.
To protect our employees and to maximize business continuity of our services, we have taken the following set of measures:
- All our employees are empowered to act in accordance with regional guidelines and recommendations from WHO such as avoidance of travels, social-distancing and hygiene measures.
- We have suspended all non-crucial visits of external visitors to our facilities.
- Biogazelle has been relying on web or video-conferences for many years as one of its communication channels with its customers and can thus easily replace already planned face to face meetings.
- More than 50% of our staff is home-office based since last week and uses long established virtual conferencing solutions for internal meetings.
- We have set up two separate laboratory teams for the performance of critical services. These teams are functional duplicates and may not physically interact to minimize the risk.
- We have established a surveillance team that is closely monitoring these measures to ensure compliance and is watching out for updates of guidelines from authorities to adapt if required.
Be assured we strive to continue to deliver the high-quality services you are used to get from us and we rely on your understanding of human risks in the current situation that are beyond our control.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as appropriate. We are looking forward to better days ahead.
Mieke van Acker