Your goal is to achieve sales growth for the assigned portfolio and DACH territory to meet set revenue targets by customer acquisition, retention, and extension.
To do so, you will set up a solid lead and new customer generation strategy ("who, where, why, when and how”) and key account plan for the assigned territory. As being part of a lean sales team, you will support your colleagues to the fullest to be equally successful. Moreover, you will also work closely with the marketing team to identify and define a proper marketing strategy to achieve sales success.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Execute all aspects of the push and pull sales strategy for the assigned portfolio, including both new and existing accounts.
- Develop leads for the assigned territory by prospecting new accounts and by expanding reach within existing customer accounts. Update the opportunity pipeline and CRM, with an eye for detail and timely and strategic follow up of your business opportunities.
- Develop and grow key accounts, by understanding their business goals, pain points, corresponding outsourcing requirements and decision process, offering customized solutions and building a solid and long-term business partner relationship.
- Act as a scientific consultant: develop the right solution for the needs of the customer – in cooperation with subject matter experts, product and project managers - keeping the scientific value of the company high.
- Work with the operational team to make price offers according to the guidelines, establish sales projections and cost estimates to allow proper capacity planning.
- Provide superior after-sales service by giving professional follow up to customers.
- Collaborate with the marketing team for the alignment of sales & marketing strategies. Keep track with market trends when it comes to relevant applications, value propositions brought to the market by competitors, changing customer needs or sales opportunities.
- Contribute to further business development by:
- Providing feedback to the executive team on trends and market dynamics, the unmet need, competitive field and market opportunity.
- Participation in strategic discussions to improve portfolio and increase sales.
Competencies and skills
- You have hands-on experience selling CRO or other services to pharma or biotech within the context of clinical trial drug development
- You have a solid scientific background, with at least a Master degree in life science combined with commercial experience
- You have an existing and well managed network of key people in companies with a clinical portfolio
- You understand the specific customer segments, needs and life cycle of drug development
- You have a strong commercial and sales attitude, are result driven, with affinity for social media and social selling
- Fluent communicator in English, good presentation skills
- Excellent negotiator and relationship builder, strategic selling skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Team player and with strong people management skills
- Home-office based in the DACH territory
- Flexibility to travel (to Biogazelle offices in Belgium and/or to customers in the DACH territory)
- A competitive salary and bonus package in line with the candidate experience and seniority
- An opportunity to become part of a rapidly growing young company with future career development and growth opportunities
- The freedom to fully take up the ownership of your role and responsibilities, in a company that embraces lean and non-hierarchical way of working
- To develop lasting and meaningful relationships with your key accounts and your colleagues and significantly contribute to the success of our clients
Sounds exciting? We look forward to receive your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com with subject "Your next Biogazelle Account Manager"