The dry-lab team is composed of dedicated scientists and bioinformaticians working together to transform data into biological knowledge and scientific insights. To expand our team, we are looking for a motivated bioinformatics scientist with a critical mindset, who wants to take part in supporting customers in their development of diagnostics and therapeutics and help build Biogazelle’s service portfolio.
As a bioinformatics scientist you will support R&D projects by:
- designing and developing novel tools for data analysis, interpretation, and visualization
- incorporate novel ideas and strategies into our existing offer
- monitor the current state of the field
The bioinformatics scientist plays an important role in our customer projects:
- you are involved in scoping projects by translating the customer research question into relevant data analysis tasks
- you are responsible for the preparation and follow up of the dry-lab activities within agreed timelines
- you monitor the quality of the data and the bioinformatics processing within a project
- you critically perform data analysis and interpret results
- you communicate results to customers through reports and customer calls, you make suggestions for follow-up experiments, and propose customized data analyses
- you share new insights with scientists (wet-lab and dry-lab) and bioinformaticians colleagues
- you contribute to troubleshooting activities collaborating with wet-lab team members and project managers
As a bioinformatics scientist, you follow Biogazelle’s quality system, you work according to the internal lab standards (ISO 17025:2015, GCLP guidelines) and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Competences and skills
Education & experience:
- A master degree in bio-informatics, biotechnology, bio-engineering, biomedical science or related scientific fields. A PhD degree in any of these fields is a strong asset.
- Good understanding of the biological mechanisms behind transcriptional responses
- Experience with R (data mining & statistics) and other programming languages (Perl, Python).
- Basic Linux knowledge for using bio-informatic tools on Linux servers
- Good statistical knowledge
- Experience with gene expression datasets (qPCR, microarrays and/or RNA-seq)
- Experience in RNA-seq data analysis, pathway analysis, biomarker discovery and/or drug mode of action is an asset
- Experience in massively parallel sequencing workflows for variant calling is a plus
- Experience with computational deconvolution algorithms is a plus
- A good view on and experience with computation tools in the field of immuno-oncology is a plus
- Flexible mindset and quality driven spirit
- Good communication skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Creative and innovative mentality
- A full-time position in a growing company with a young dynamic team
- A competitive financial package according to your experience, extended with extralegal benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities
- You will work in an innovative and stimulating environment
How to apply?
Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org